Friday, November 9, 2012

Sweet Squares November 2nd-7th

Well the first week of this project went fast. Christmas will be here before we know it. Not very colorful this week. It's been easier drawing at the end of the day than the beginning, so most of these were drawn while I was in my jammies.

Nov. 2nd - Eeek! I didn't want to post this one. It's not really finished. We have all these great Prismacolor markers lying around the office from the yesteryear of catalog design. Most of them still work too! Found out that soft graphite pencils tend to smear when the marker is applied so it looks a little muddy. Do you believe they used to give all the employees here milk and cookies everyday every afternoon?? Add a nap in there and now you're talking!


Nov. 3rd - I love coffee. Nuff said.

Nov. 4th -Can this squirrel possibly fit another seed in his mouth?? Yep, he's going to try...

Nov. 5th - Contour lines...what else can I say about contour lines?

Nov. 6th - I voted for President...Barak Obama won. I'm not into politics so I'm not going to say who I voted for.


Nov. 7th - A little bit of character work. I keep wondering if my characters have enough depth to them. These were fun to do, so I might keep trying some more.

So that's that for the first week of Sweet Squares. Feel free to drop a line, I'd love to hear about your own sweet square experiment. Just leave your blog or web address. Onward to week 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment; I truly appreciate it! I'm always excited to see that someone has left me a message and I try to reply to everyone.