Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting back to doing what I love...

It's been a long time since I sat down with a sketch book and actually drew something on paper, maybe 10 years. I have a BFA in Printmaking but, I'm currently an art director/graphic designer so I feel attached to my desk most of the time. A few weeks ago I sketched a little doodle for my daughter's birthday invitation...and it felt so good! Since then I've spent nearly every night (after the kids go to bed of course) drawing and painting. Feeling very rusty and out of practice, I try not to dwell on everyone else's work. It'll drive me crazy if I do and I won't want to keep going.

I started a blog to help me keep focused on my goal of becoming a children's illustrator. I'm so excited at the possabilities! I'm currently working on a portfolio before I start getting really serious. Here's the link to my current work. My ultimate goal is children's books, but one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment; I truly appreciate it! I'm always excited to see that someone has left me a message and I try to reply to everyone.